The club was founded in 1944 by the local residents of St.Neots in a small room in the Cross Keys. Membership grew and in the late fifties the club moved to St.Neots Bowling Club with table tennis being played in the winter when the club was not being used for bowling. Towards the end of the sixties the club had outgrown the bowls club and an enhanced facility was required for the expanding membership and coaching programmes. In the early seventies the town and district councils were approached with the view of providing a site for the first table tennis centre in the country, and the council provided the current site clearly recognising the benefits of residents young and old of St. Neots.
The club committee raised funds and received grant aid from the Sports Council to build this venture and construction started in 1964 with club members and local residents putting in countless hours to physically build the facility. The building finally opened in 1977 and to this day the club has been self financed by the community in and around St.Neots. Coaching, social play and competition is provided particularity for the youth of St. Neots and Huntingdonshire and receive many visiting teams across the country.
Local club members have given their time freely over the last forty years to keep this facility going for the benefit of the local community. This is demonstrated by 50 years of coaching the youth of St.Neots not only table tennis but also life skills such as discipline, respect, leadership, organisation, communication and team work.